Pranayama is a way to improve your immune system. Bhastrika is a Sanskrit word which means bellows. In Bhastrika pranayama, the breathing pattern resembles the blowing of bellows.
Bhastrika pranayama is all about inhaling and exhaling completely so that your body gets maximum amount of oxygen. Follow the steps given below and learn to do Bhastrika pranayama.
- Be seated in comfortable posture. Padmasana (crossed leg) and Vajrasana are the ideal yoga postures to practice pranayama. Place your hands on your knees. Feel relaxed. Focus on your breathing pattern and be relaxed.
- Breathe in by inhaling forcefully through both the nostrils. Make sure that your lungs are full with air. Once you inhale fully, exhale with great force making hissing sound.
- In Bhastrika pranayama one needs to apply force while breathing in and breathing out. You can determine how much speed to apply while inhaling and exhaling keeping in mind your heath and endurance power.
- When you breathe in while performing Bhastrika pranayama, your abdominal should not blow up. Instead your chest area should blow up. Repeat the procedure for 5 to 10 times.
- You have successfully completed Bhastrika pranayama. One should perform Bhastrika pranayama for 5 minutes everyday. Those who have high blood pressure or heart disease should not practice Bhastrika pranayama.
Benefits of Bhastrika pranayama
Following are the health benefits of performing Bhastrika pranayama.
- Bhastrika Pranayama refreshes body and mind.
- Helps to throw out toxins and cures illnesses of respiratory track.
- It has a regenerating and rejuvenating influence upon the whole body.
- improves memory.
- Circulation is stimulated.
- The increased blood supply to the head improves eyesight and hearing.
- The lungs are strengthened and it is beneficial for bronchitis, as the respiratory system is quickly and deeply purified.
- Digestive function is stimulated, improving metabolism.
- The breakdown of fats is especially accelerated.
- This breathing technique also activates the solar plexus and Manipura Chakra.
- Boosts the supply of oxygen and purifies blood.
- Helps to keep negative thoughts away.
- Increases warmth in the body and helps to prevent common cold.
- Regular practice of Bhastrika pranayama keeps you away from all diseases
- Regular practice of pranayama purifies blood and enhances oxygen flow. Performing pranayama in the early morning helps to obtain naturally glowing skin.
- The secret to ageless skin is pranayama. You will not need to spend money on expensive beauty products to hide your age once you get to know the results of pranayama practice. Pranayama is the key to better living.
Precautions : An increase in the number of rounds is only permitted after practicing for a long time and after discussion with the Yoga teacher. This exercise should not be practiced when there is acute asthma, heart disease or fever.